CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Cereal and Thankyous

So, I just had the most AMAZING grocery shopping experience of my LIFE!!! I have finally discovered the joy of coupons. I have seen good coupons before, but never on anything I would actually buy, so I figure by not buying it I am saving the money I never would have spent. Well, low and behold, I was glancing through the coupons for Harmons and I saw one for General Mills cereal and granola bars 10 boxes for $15.00. Thinking that there really is no food in my fridge at this time (it all expired since the last time I went shopping before Heather died), I figured I should go to the store and stock up. The coupon was TRUE! I can tell you the joy that filled my heart when they circled the "you saved $20.32" below on my receipt. I felt like such an acomplished shopper. And the best part is I have a whole year before the food expires!! (Except my milk and bananas) Speaking of--by show of hands--how many of you out there would venture to eat eggs that have an expiration date of July 26th? Cooked eggs. REALLY cooked. Like scrambled.


On a more serious note, to everyone out there, I can not thank you all enough for all that you have done for me. . . . cards, flowers, emails, phone calls, cleaning houses, coming to the funeral and viewing. Words truly can not express what this has ment to me. I am working on individual thankyous but they are a work in progress as every time I sit down to write them I start to cry. I have made it through 3 of like a million. Please know how much I have appreciated all of you (if you are reading this, yes, this means you.) It is just taking me some time to get my act together. As for the rest of tonight, I think I'm going to make myself some delicious Nestle Quick choclate milk with a straw, curl up in bed, and dream of........dream of......maybe just get some good sleep :-) Love to all and happy bargain buying. OH!!! And I was serious about the eggs. Yay or Nay?

7 comments:

Charlotte said...

yeah for chocolate milk and straws. i probably wouldn't eat three month old eggs... two months is my limit. ;)

cherilyn said...

nah, i wouldn't eat them either. they don't cost more than $2, so just buy more. it's worth not getting sick.
i love nesquik, i think i might be addicted. or maybe i just crave it with this pregnancy. :)

Joy said...

You sound like my uncle buying all those granola bars. Did you buy 10 boxes of cereal too?

Nay on the eggs. I had a bad experience with eggs about a month ago. I don't think I'll be able to eat eggs for a while now.

Joe Smith said...

lol, ames!

i say you give it a shot. what's the worst that could happen? salmonella? ;~)

soooo... have you checked the latest albertsons and smiths ads? they're running similar promotions this week on a whole schlew a foods. it's a very good time to stock up. :)


as for the rest, Heather managed to touch the lives of many people she never met, as have you. i love you and your family, and am so grateful for the experience, love, and thoughts that came from being with you (even the little bit that i was) the last few months.

we're all bozos on the bus together, right? we may as well enjoy the ride together. (thanks to B for always making me think of myself as a bozo) :)

The Petterssons said...

Coupons are the best. I am totally addicted to coupon cutting and using!

The Petterssons said...

Coupons are the best. I am totally addicted to coupon cutting and using!

Delise said...

Definitely not on the eggs. Don't do it! Ewww. Icky. Ka-Ka. Blech.

Cool about the coupons though, I've never been good at coupons either...so I'm extra impressed.

Heather's Tribute

Broadcast your video at TypeNot.com