Hello my darling friends who actually read my blog. I have returned to the world of blogging following a brief break. I hope you all have heard about the passing of my sweet sister Heather. I've posted her obituary below for those of you who were not able to get a copy. If I were talented enough to know how to add audio files, I would also post the talk I gave at her funeral, but that will have to wait for another day. I have so many wonderful friends who try to keep tabs on me. Sorry I am a little slow at returning phone calls. Just know that I have greatly appreciated all the warm thoughts and notes. As for me, I'm trying to get back to life, but it's a little harder than I thought it would be. Lucky for me I work with awesome people who have been very understanding.
So on a lighter note, I went to traffic school tonight. Can I say that it was sadly one of the most entertaining experiences of my life?? Seriously. The instructor was really funny. Despite the fact I got pulled over for going 37 in an area I genuinely thought was 40 mph. With 4 lanes of traffic, businesses and stop lights, I was suprised to learn it was only 30. Well, hope to not make that mistake again.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Blog Strike Over and Traffic School
Posted by Amy at 8:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Heather's Tribute
| Broadcast your video at TypeNot.com |
4 comments:
the obituary is beautiful, amy. very personal. i'll need to hear your talk in ny.
p.s. i'm glad traffic school wasn't too painful.
Amy, your talk was beautiful... and it really got me to think about holding onto the good memories in our lives by writing them down vs. saving them in my head. I would love to hear it again. May I say that I am really impressed that both you and your sister spoke at the funeral. Speaking at my grandmother's funeral was very difficult, so I was impressed as it shows your love for Heather. I love you, girl :)
Welcome back to the blogging world. Let me know if you need anything!
Welcome back Amy, I've missed you! Hugs to you!!
Post a Comment