So, I have had a couple of good laughs the last month. One day at work in early September we had a fire drill. When I got the speech kids back to work, one of the third graders looked at me and, very seriously, asked "Miss K--do they have a plan for us if aliens attack earth?" I can see it now. Across the nation schools everywhere doing "alien drills."
Something else that I have found very funny is my six-year-old nephew's recent serious interest in my love life.
"Amy--are you trying to get married?"
"I'm workin' on it Josh--why?"
"Well, how many boyfriends do you have?"
"I have quite a few."
"No. Not boy friends. Ones that you love....How many do you have that you love?"
"Well Josh, what kind of guy do you think I should marry?"
"Um. I don't know."
"Should he be fun for you to play with?"
"Yeah. And he has to be older than you. And he has to be taller. His feet have to be bigger too. And he has to have blonde hair like me and blonde skin like me. Short hair like me. NOT bald. And he has to be forty..."
"Josh--I'm only twenty-seven."
"That's old. Okay. How about thirty-two? Is thirty-two okay?"
"What do you think his name should be?"
"Either Ken or Kevin."
A week or so later Josh asked me if I was "married yet." When I told him no, he informed me that I could "just ask someone." So if any of you out there know a 32 year old Ken or Kevin who is an over 5'8" version of my nephew with feet larger than a mens 10 1/2, we are in business. I can't guarantee my parents' $1000.00 reward still stands, but you would have the satisfaction of relieving the weary mind of a sweet and tender 6 year old boy.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Funny Moments
Posted by Amy at 8:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Heather's Tribute
| Broadcast your video at TypeNot.com |
5 comments:
hee hee! i'll keep my eyes out for him... then all you'll have to do is touch his elbow and you're all set! :) love ya!
I have a couple options for you, but they don't meet all of the criteria...
Kenny is blonde, short hair - not bald, gets along great with kids, fun & active personality... but he is in his early forties and is about 5'4"
Kevin is also blonde, short hair - not bald, likes to play video games, pretty quiet, at least 5'8"... but he is probably late 30's and seems to be anti-marriage.
My brother meets the criteria, but his name isn't Ken or Kevin... and he is already married.
I'll keep looking for you - LOL :)
Too funny!
how cute. glad you have had some good laughs!
Oh man, that is so funny. I think Heather would have liked that. She was probably cracking up.
Post a Comment