So this Holiday Season is all about forming new traditions. I started this year with Halloween. I was going to go Trick or Treating with Emily and her daughter Maddie, but ended up going with my parents and my neice and nephew--who were hysterical by the way. I also decided that I will become one of those nice people who gives special treats to important kids. I had a hard time deciding what treat to give. I thought caramel apples would be really cool--and in my search I found something much better. . . . POSION APPLES!!! They're caramel apples with black licorice caramel. How cool is that?!?!! I got one for my neice and nephew and the Dodson kids. The Dodson's seemed to really think they were cool--but I think I thought they were cooler than my neice and nephew. Kind of a cool tradition though---don't you think?
Best costume I heard of though had to be one of my kids who I work with to say his "r's". I asked him what he was going to be and he said: "A Pirrrrate....so I can practice my "ars". I can't think about it without smiling.
The best part of Halloween though had to be the Day of the Dead celebration at Bennion. Some of the mothers were celebrating Day of the Dead to teach the school about it and made a memorial for Heather. I'll have to post pictures. It was incredible. I need to read more about it. So a little jumbled, but I had some time and thought I'd write.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Halloween
Posted by Amy at 9:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Heather's Tribute
| Broadcast your video at TypeNot.com |
4 comments:
love the pirate story.
Yes, the practicing his "ar"s is the cutest thing I've heard all day! Cool about the memorial for Heather too! Sounds like a good Halloween!
The Day of the Dead celebration for Heather sounds so cool! I've study that a little when I've had a lot of Latin students in my classes...it's cool!
Amy,
I can't find your e-mail address and I don't know your snail mail address and to top it all off I've missed your birthday. Please help! I love you and hope you had a great day and when I get your address I'll mail your birthday card that has been looking so pitiful up on the counter waiting to be mailed. (We both know organization never was my strong point.) Love, Amy
Post a Comment