I have finally caved and created a blog with all my spare time here in Boston. I've been in Boston since Wednesday night. D.C. was a great deal of fun. See the previous post for a link to my friends blog and you can see pictures. Well, for being in Boston for only a few days I've already had quite the adventures. Yesterday, I ventured out into the city to find a swimsuit for our upcoming beach party. Charlotte sent me to the closest Target---in Dorchester--the Rose Park x 10 of Boston (dun dun dun). As I walked through the streets of our founding fathers I couldn't help but wonder---Should I be carrying mace??? Needless to say, my trip was quite the adventure...but nothing compared to this morning.
At approximately 10:07 a.m. I jumped out of an airplane at 10,000 feet--plummeting myself at 120 miles per hour (176 feet per second) towards the earth! (As evidenced by the vibrating folds of skin and cheeks).
All I can say is that Tandam is the way to go. I told my partner I wanted to pull the cord, but upon my shock that I actually jumped out of the plane--I forgot. (Oops!) I guess it's really common for your brain to short circuit on your first jump. I was shaking for quite awhile after I landed. I was really nervous. I had to pee about 8 times before getting on the plane and there was only an hour wait! Now I know where the expression comes from "I was so scared I almost peed my pants." Good thing I wasn't the one who's cute didn't open right. They had to cut it away and use the reserve. But I did it anyway!!! Wahoo! What next? Hmmm....
POST SCRIPT
So, Hilary--you think that was flabby? I wasn't going to post this picture, but oh well... I can always delete it. :-)
I also have a video---I'll post it as soon as I get it!
6 comments:
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!! i just clicked on the photo of you so i can see the high res version... HOLY FLAB!!! no wonder you got a gym membership. :P (lol.. jk. i shudder to think what *MY* skin would do at that speed)
...skinny butt!!
-hil
That is so cool Amy!! I love that this is how you started your stint in Boston! Have an awesome time...!
deb
I can't believe you actually did that! My blog is www.jonnyandangsargent.blogspot.com
These were the greatest pictures ever. I love the song! I hope you have the time of your life! Love Mom
wow, you are so BRAVE. I could never ever do that. was the thrill addicting? do you want to do it again already? I'm glad you're having fun, I love DC, although i've only visited twice, never stayed an extended period out there. How long will you be out there?
I love the pictures! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment