I am in Hawaii--on the "Big Island"--refered to by many locals and "healers" as the "Healing Island." I came hear with a friend, who is a Cranial Sacral Therapist, and others who want to learn about energy work and animal communication. What a wonderful and interesting group of people! Constantly thinking about energies and the universe. It makes for very interesting conversations and discussions.I guess I should explain a little bit about cranial sacral therapy. The theory has to do with the cerebral spinal fluid--which is believed to be the "breath of life" to the bodies central nervous system and limbic system. The goal of cranial sacral therapy is to make sure the fluid is flowing properly throughout the body. Kinks in the system can cause illness and a variety of issues. A more concrete example would be placing a kink in the Nile somewhere. Crops down stream could not be irrigated and would start to die without proper nutrients and flow from the Nile---much how the limbic and central nervous system can't function without proper irrigation of cerebral spinal fluid. The breath of life. Now, back to the island. The island and the dolphins are believed to be nature's cranial sacral therapists. Aligning and healing the body naturally through great energy work. I've heard peopel not in cranial sacral therapy talk about how the dolphins can almost take an x-ray of you with their sonar. When I went swimming with dolphins in captivity, there was a lady in my group who was pregnant. The dolphin with a baby came immediately to this woman, as if to say--"Oh! I am a mother too!". The trainer talked about how the dolphin could tell the participant was pregnant by using sonar and shared a similar experience she while pregnant and swimming with the dolphins, I find the whole thing facinating and find myself at times feeling like I am hearing secrets of the universe that all too often we are too busy to pay attention too....Anyways--THAT--in summary---is some background on why I am here and the people I am with.
Yet again, back to the island. :-) I took a helicopter tour around the volcano--the breath of life for the island. The hot lava flows of "cerebral spinal fluid" flowing to the island, adding an inch of growth here and another inch there. Day by day, hour by hour, inches of growth add up to miles and miles of land. The creative energy and force of the volcano is amazing and incredible to watch! Like seeing into our own bodys of how cells were generated--cell by cell, and every 7 years, a new body. When the island or dolphins have "worked" on you, or freed up a kink in your energy system, a common phrase is that you got "zapped". After the helicopter ride, I was totally zapped! I came home and had to sleep for a good chunck of time. Being up there was soo much more than just "touring" an island. Honesty and truth so rare were made completely visible. You could see the island's past, present, and future in the various areas of the island. Looking at the new volcanic activity was easy to see how the island was built. Layer by layer, flow by flow. Thousands of years of "inch" by "inch" molten lava flowing to the ocean. The islands past...hiding nothing as it so honestly reveals, "this is how I was formed". It is so alive! Still growing!!!
.jpg)
Now to the island's future. After the tour of the active volcano, we went to see the valley's and grounds of volcanoes past--in active volcanoes that have given way to green lush growth that has attached itself to the nutrient rich volcanic rock. A window into what the future could hold for the now active volcano.
.jpg)
Present. The great continum of constant being. Always in the present, unable to move backward or forward. We just are. So that was the helicopter ride. A meeting of past, present, and future that is so rare. The woman I went with is named Therese. She is from Norway and here for the course with Ramona. Our pilot's name was Cal.
.jpg)
.jpg)
Back to the "zappage." It's interesting with energy work how the goal of conquering a trial has to do with making it "through it". So often we refer to distress in our lives as wanting to get "over it", but often that just avoids the experience. I know I often write about Heather and the impact she and her death have had on my life, but it is such a part of me that I am still processing and moving through....probably will move through it the rest of my life. True, there are parts and times where the intensity of the emotions rise, and others where the intensity is minimal. Today's ride surfaced many intense emotions associated with Heather's passing. It seemed so strange to me. Often, I will think of her when I see something that reminds me of her--like traveling in Costa Rica, I often came across butterfly sovieniers that she would have loved, and I found myself ready to purchase them until I reminded myself that she was gone. Today wasn't like that at all. Nothing there to spark a memory...just the emotion surfacing to remind me.
2 comments:
It looks incredible! I can't wait to hear all about it and see ALL the pics. You are amazing. I <3 you and "You called me Suuugar!!!" :)
WOW! Ami, I loved everything you spoke of. I too speak the universe/energy talk. Life IS as simple as that. Love ya cuz
Post a Comment