Well, it has been awhile since I have written. A lot has happened since then. I came back from my trip to Boston. It was hard to leave it, but I'm so grateful to be home. Not long after I returned we discovered my little sister has cancer--a rare lymphoma. I don't think there has been any other experience that has brought me to my knees more fervently than this. All I can think about is things I can do, but there really doesn't seem to be much other than to wait and be supportive as she goes through the chemo treatments and pray. I know many of you who know and love me and my family feel the same way. THANK YOU soo much for all of your help so far. I have incredible friends who have helped me pack and move my sister home as well as various acts of service. I have learned so much about service the last few weeks.
My testimony of prayer has grown. I know that prayer is a humbling power that allows us to access peace, comfort, and strength from a loving Heavenly Father who knows and loves each of us individually. I know that he uses each of us to answer those prayers by prompting us to serve one another so that we may feel His love, have our burdens lifted, gain strength and feel comfort by serving one another. I have "known" this before, but have gained such a feeling in my soul that I can't quite explain or deny. I just feel I have soo much to learn. The best way I can explain it is by the song I have posted first on my blog. I am still learning so much. I know sometimes with me it can be quite the "emotional" journey :-) Thank you all for being so patient with me as I learn how to bend.
"I’m still learning how to pray.
Trying hard not to stray
Try to see things your way
I’m still learning how to pray."
"I’m still learning how to trust
It’s so hard to open up.......
I’m still learning how to trust
I’m still learning how to bend
How to let You in
I’m just trying to understand
It’s all in someone else’s hands
There’s always been a bigger plan
But I don’t need to understand
I’m still learning how to bend"
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Still Learning How to Bend
Posted by Amy at 8:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Heather's Tribute
| Broadcast your video at TypeNot.com |
5 comments:
Oh Amy what a heartbreak...you will all will be in our prayers. Please let me know if there's anything else we can do, we'll be there in a heartbeat. Come see us sometime!
thanks for sharing your testimony, and uplifting me at a time i wish i could do more for you. know you're all in my prayers as well. i just love ya, amy!
p.s. i am proud of you for blogging again. :)
i hadn't heard that song before, it's a good one. i put my music over on the side, where you added people's blog addresses. if you put it there it is usually smaller.
Where are you? How is your sister? Are you on a blog strike?
I am soooo sorry. I know it is so hard to lose a sibling or any loved one. Rebekah's husband Jared died from lymphoma last Christmas (23rd)it's been a trying year for us. I will keep you in my prayers. I love you. Good luck and keep on your knees.
Melissa Brooke
Post a Comment